Saturday, October 13, 2012

Velvet Pumpkins

 I was at work one day, just checking one of my favorite blogs, The Pioneer Woman, just to see if there were any new posts, and I saw . . . THESE.




Oh my goodness there were almost no words.  I fell immediately in love!

Btw I'm hoping that is the feeling I get when I find my future husband,  it would make my life a lot easier.  I get this feeling when I'm looking at shoes and clothes and home decorations and jewelry . . . Ok fine, I get this feeling when I'm doing any shopping and I just know, instantly, that I need that product.  You can just randomly shop and see a good deal and be excited or think a shirt is pretty and be excited, but this feeling is a true compulsion.  It's like you're finding missing pieces of the person you will grow up to be and buying those shoes will somehow make you you.
Deep, I know.  I apologize for getting that philosophical this early on a Saturday afternoon.

What I'm trying to say, is that I fell desperately in love with these pumpkins as soon as I saw them featured on the blog, and I went online that night and purchased them.  I can't explain it, I just had to!  And I'll tell you why.




1.  The colors are glorious.  So rich, so deep.  They spoke to me. 



2.  They are gathered at the top to create the look of the actual ridges on a pumpkin.  This is what convinced me to buy them and not try to make them myself (yes I'm guilty of doing that to everything.  Oh the plumber is charging that much?  How about I take a class at Home Depot and I'll be able to replace all of the faucets in the house myself!  cough cough.  Yes I'm working on stopping this).  I have NO idea how they gather the velvet and make the ridges and anchor the stems in!  And let me tell you that stem is in there tight and it is not going to pop out any time soon.




3.  The STEMS.  They're REAL.  As in actual pumpkin/gourd stems.  My Dad got me hooked on picking out pumpkins with good stems, so now when Fall rolls around and I buy my Halloween pumpkin I look for the biggest pumpkin with the best stem.  The stems on these pumpkins are completely dry so there is no worry about mold or rotting, and they're not brittle and they add that touch of elegance that says this just isn't a pillow or kids toy, this is a showpiece!




 4.  The colors!  Oh wait, already mentioned that.  The velvet!  It's so soft and rich looking.

5.  The rice.  They are stuffed with rice so they hold their shape and don't tip over.

6.  Um they're awesome?

7.  They're pretty?

Anyway, you can buy them and see the other decorations they have to offer (acorns and mushrooms and such) at shop.lovefeasttable.com.  A small side note, they're a bit expensive and they're not huge.  The set I got had two 6" pumpkins, two 4", one 5" and one baby 2."  All the pumpkins in these pictures were piled on a white cake platter so that can give you the approximate size.  You can buy them in sets like I did for this one, or you can buy them individually.  They come in all colors.  I have my eye set on the white ones for Christmas ;)
I love them, and I want more!  They would also make wonderful presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment