Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Random Ramblings

Just because it's a tuesday at lunch time,
and everyone around me is gone for lunch,
and I'm not,
and I'm not because traffic was bad this morning and I got to work 15 minutes late,
and taking a 15 minute chunk out of my 30 minute lunch break would be just enough time to walk to my car and back,
and that's not worth the effort,
I decided to list my thoughts as of right now until I have no more thoughts left to share.
Here goes.
1.  Have you ever noticed that really religious guys like to grow Jesus beards?  No, I'm serious.  We all know them, those very devout Christian guys who go to church all the time, and Bible study, and are pretty much the epitome of everything holy and you look at them and think that they've never done anything wrong like cussing out a driver when they don't look and almost crash into you?  Yeah those guys. (I personally don't find anything wrong with these guys btw, I just prefer a little more moderation in my personal faith life).  Ok, now that you're thinking of the guys that you know that fit this description, is it safe to generalize that you have some memory of them growing a bushy beard that harkens back to Biblical times and reminds you of Jesus?  I can tell you three examples right off the bat (although I won't to protect these guys privacy).  Maybe it's a phase or a coming of age or just some weird compulsion on their part.  I just find it amusing.
2.  That being said, I hate facial hair.  Any speck or dot or freckle of hair on a guys face I detest.  Don't get me started on mustaches, or goatess, or heaven forbid the dread soul patch!  All of them just breeding grounds for bacteria and ways to hide a weak chin.  Give it up men!
3.  That also being said, the priest at our church looks like he's 30 and it always weirds me out because he's actually in his 50s and he's older than my parents.  The juxtaposition of the knowledge of his actual age and the age he looks always throws me for a loop.  Maybe it's because he's the priest at a college campus church and hangs around with young 20-somethings all day.  Anyway, he used to have a beard and he shaved it randomly on Easter and he definitely looked better with one let's just say.  It also made him look 35 not 30 so he is the one instance where I want someone to grow a beard.  But if he grows a mustache and curls the ends, I'm petitioning the bishop.
4.  I like to read the transcripts of the presidential debates instead of the articles that review them.  This way I can get the completely unbiased record of what actually happened instead of a slanted view.  I also like to read the transcripts and not watch the actual debates because I need to go to bed at a decent hour, I don't watch tv during dinner, and live debating makes me nervous.  Live anything makes me nervous.  What if they mess up and embarrass themselves?!  I would cringe in empathetic horror with them!  It's just too much stress. I think it comes from watching Iron Chef or any tv program with a time limit.   
5.  If I was in AP Government is high school again, I'd be forced to watch the presidential debates.  And take notes.  And write a 10 page essay about them.
6.  I had a Democrat for an AP Government teacher.  She didn't tell us till the end of the year, but it didn't come as much of a shock if you know what I mean.
7.  Speaking of my lovely high school years reminds me that my baby sister is tasking the PSAT today.  ALl that means is that she got to school, took the test, and got to leave at 11am to go back home.  The butt-head.
8.  Why would anyone want to be president of the United States anyway?  That's a ton of responsibility and lots of disgruntlement directed at you.  Seriously who looks at the job qualifications and says "sign me up!" 
9.  My hair doesn't dry at night anymore.  I think it's because it's cold enough now that we don't have to run the air conditioning.  I don't know what causes it, all I know is I go to bed with wet hair and I wake up 7 hours later with wet hair.  It also dries funky when I'm at work so I have to put it in a bun or piny tail to keep it looking decent.  Sigh I will now have to subtract another 30 minutes from the precious little time I have at night to do what I want to add 30 minutes to my nightly going to bed ritual. 
10.  Ugh this day will never end!  I'm running out of things to do and momentum.  Only . . . 20 . . . more . . . minutes . . . I think I can, I think I can.

Over and out, till next time.

<3 B

No comments:

Post a Comment