Friday, October 5, 2012

Has This Ever Happened to You?

Say you're in church and you see a cute guy that you remember from high school and . . .

Ok, this whole "theoretical" situation tense thing is hard to do.  Here's what went down:
I go to a church on the George Mason University campus.  Well, every year after Christmas they don't have services on Sunday until the students come back from Christmas break.  Kinduv like their own little vacation.  Anyway, for about three or four weeks we go to another church in the area.  We tried a new church last Christmas season and I randomly looked over and saw a guy I knew from high school.  He was one year younger than me when we first met in French class (I was a junior, he was a sophomore).  That and the fact that he was pretty popular in his class and I was totally enamored with a senior at the time, meant that I didn't think of him as potential boyfriend material, but he was still a really nice guy to talk to.  I hadn't seen him for 6 years but I definitely recognized him! 1.  He was cute 2.  He'd never been a slacker in school so I assumed he was doing well in college and 3.  He was at church with his mom and dad!  If you can't say "perfect boyfriend material" I don't know when you can!

Anyway, I saw him two Sundays in a row but once school started I never saw him again.  I went back to the church on multiple weeks but never saw him.  Then I thought well maybe he's still in school, but summer came and still no cute guy.  Well last week I decided to try and figure out if I could find any information out on facebook.  I mean maybe he moved down to Texas or something.

Well, I'm pretty sure you all can guess what I found.  Pictures.  His profile picture for one, but lots of pictures as well full of him and a small, blond, thin sorority girl.  Pretty much everything I'm not (sigh).

And I know that I had absolutely no chance of dating him really (ok maybe a 1% chance in real life) but for a split second you almost imagine that you would somehow reconnect and finally have found the guy you'll marry and have beautiful babies with!  Then you see the pictures of the blond petite barbie and this split second dream is dashed.

I'm really trying to not sound stalkerish or anything, I'm just trying to say that this guy checked some of my most important boxes (things I could tell without talking to him lol).
1.  Goes to church
2.  Loves his parents
3.  Is attractive

So far in my life I have met three guys who check these boxes.  All three are confident, smart, religious, and nice guys. 
The first guy on this list, I dated when I was a sophomore.  The timing was never right for us, but I still think of him as the one who got away.  (I sometimes day dream about him moving out to DC and us meeting up again and rekindling a romance, but since he's been dating his current gf for almost two years I'm expecting to hear news of their engagement way before that day dream would come true. Sigh.  If it was meant to be it was, or wasn't, meant to be right?).

I've often thought I should right romantic fiction.  Think it would be a good fit?!  Haha.  Don't answer that.
  
The second guy didn't check all the boxes for me personally, but if any other girl found herself the object of his affection she would be very lucky to have him!  I met him when I went on a trip to Italy back in college.  He was very grounded and funny and smart.  I wish him all the best

And now this guy.

So I know boys like this do exist!  I just haven't found the one who is perfect for me yet.  But I cross my fingers every day.  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment