Saturday, October 6, 2012

Vases and My Love


There is a gorgeous little store near where I live called The Nest Egg.  It's right across the street from LOFT which is the only reason I ever would have found it.  Well, actually my mom found it.  She needed filler for Christmas presents a year or so ago and she thought I would enjoy it, so we went in the next time we went to LOFT annnnnnnnd . . . well let's just say this store is ME.  If I could be a home furnishings and decorating store I would be this one.  There is not one thing in that entire store that I do not love.  Their furniture, their tables, their cake platters, I love them all.  They have a knack for somehow making you walk into the store and know that your life would not be complete unless you have that ottoman (hey, if you had seen it you would have the same thought, so no judging me!  Thank you). 

The store was, I think, started by an interior design lady?  Anyway, there is only one store and their selection of buy online stuff isn't that amazing but they have a pretty neat blog.  It's www.shopthenestegg.blogspot.com.  And even though you can't go to the store and see these awesome things in person (you could see them if you came to visit me!! hint hint wink wink ;) ) you can still get inspiration.  Which is what I do a lot.  Because.  Well because their merchandise is a wee bit, tiny bit . . . expensive.  Their custom upholstered furniture?  Forget about it.  Their Sid Dickens 4"x6" tile blocks for $84 each?  A wee bit steep.  Their marble topped side table in the shape of a clover for $325 that would complete my life?  Needs a place to go before I invest.  Their 24"x24"x17" floor poufs (pillows) for $278 each?  Not going to happen. 

But those floor poufs?  They will happen.  I'm making it happen because I'm making my own!  Honestly its just sewing a cube and stuffing it with fluff.  I'm actually making it right now and I'll post about it soon.  See inspiration is a good thing.  Inspiration also helps me convince the parentals that there is reason to keep the sewing machine upstairs instead of in the basement.

Anyway, the whole point of this post is that this expensive store that I love also carries some reasonably priced items as well.  Cake platters and picture frames and candles and things are randomly reasonably priced.  But the gorgeous, drool-worthy vases that are in these pictures?  I got them on sale.  That's right, this store had a sale and I was all over that puppy!  I got all three of these vases for just over $100 and I am SO happy with them.  The white and the pink and the purple could fit with any room in any house I will live in.  Perfect for a mantle or a table centerpiece or a side table or or or anywhere! 

Ah that store makes me smile :)



P.S. now that I have extolled the virtues of this store and showed you their intriguing blog and yet crushed your dreams with the fact that it is only in VA, I'm offering hope.  If you see anything on the blog that you desperately need and fits that perfect niche in your life or someone else's that you never knew you had, let me know.  I can go to the store, price it, purchase it, and ship it to you and have you mail me a check.  I realize this sounds a little extreme but the store my friends does that to people.  It makes them extreme. 

<3 B

No comments:

Post a Comment