Friday, October 26, 2012

Autumn Prelude


Last weekend Loudoun County was having a farms tour.  Which is essentially just a chance for all the historic properties to be open to the public and for us to ooooh and aaahhh over how extraordinarily wealthy these families are (did I mention that the Kennedy's had a summer vacation home near Loudoun?  Yeah those kind of people).  The house we went to see has been donated as a museum with the National Historic Trust etc or something like that.  Anyway, Loudoun is only about an hour away and I was VERY persistent about seeing the Autumn leaves so I cooerced the family into going.  We spent a good three hours walking the grounds, taking pictures, taking a tour of the house, having an alfresco lunch, and touring the gardens before we were kicked out by an impending Scottish wedding that was going to happen on the property.  We weren't told to leave in so many words but the intent was clear once the caterer and the DJ and the wedding party and the guests and the party planners all descended on the main house with nary a thought to the insignificant tourists just wandering around.  We didn't mind too much though, honestly there are only so many pictures of trees that you can take.




Speaking of massive amounts of pictures, Dad had one camera and since I think I can do everything to perfection I had another camera.  Between the two of us we took a lot of pictures of foliage.  Which means I have at least a few hours to spend on Lightroom getting the best pictures ready to show, but in the mean time I wanted to share a few of the finished ones. 




Hope it makes you feel like Fall in New England (which is what I was going for ;) )

<3 B


No comments:

Post a Comment