Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Prince Charming

As of today, September 20, 2012, the day that is two days before Sarah's birthday, the day that Rebecca tells me will go down in history because One Direction's new single leaked, the day that is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday, the day that is two days before I will run a 10k with my mom, I thought it would be a good idea to write a list of all the qualifications my future husband will need.  If I ever go on match.com I'll just post this list and see who fits the criteria.  This will cut down the amount of time I would have wasted on a guy who didn't meet the items on this list!  I will also share the things I won't compromise on, the things my future husband can't do.  If he does anything on that list it's an immediate "have a nice life." 

Now I realize that these lists will change which is why I'm writing them down now!  I want to look back and be able to see what is important to me now and what will be important to me then.  I want to one day find the perfect man for me and realize that my lists mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.  But right now I'm single and hey a girl's gotta start somewhere right?!  Ok here goes:

My Prince Charming Must:

1.  Be Catholic
2.  Go to church every Sunday
3.  Like Harry Potter
4.  Like the Olympics
5.  Be active/fit (works out regularly)
6.  Be healthy (no fast food or fried junk food all the time, I realize some is ok)
7.  Want kids
8.  Be ok with adoption if kids aren't happening
9.  Be ok with disabled/down syndrome/high needs children if they happen 
10.  Have a college degree
11.  Have a job or be actively looking for a job
12.  Love Colorado (because I want to live there some day)
13.  Appreciate/accept my need to wear cute dresses and shoes and accessories.  He doesn't have to understand the clothes I wear, he just has to think I look good in them.

My Prince Charming Cannot:

1.  Smoke
2.  Do drugs
3.  Play video games
4.  Be homophobic
5.  Drink heavily (i.e. pass out/puke)
6.  Be completely tattooed (one or two are ok I guess)
7.  Have a beard or any such facial hair
8.  Want pets (I'm allergic, like miserable allergic.  Fish are ok.  Turtles are too but they give you salmonella)
9.  Be from KU 

So far that's all I can think of.  Have I missed any?  I will probably update this post at a later date as I meet new guys and find new qualities I can't live with and can't live without :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your list of what your Prince Charming cannot be/do. I would recommend some flexibility on the KU part if you were still living in KS, but since you're in the DC area...you're probably okay.

    I especially love #4 since, you know, it sometimes seems like approximately 3/4 of my male friends are gay, and more than a few of my female friends too. What can I say? That's what happens when you're an academic and a musician.

    Have you seen that George Takei thing -- it's been on FB quite a bit. It goes like this:

    I hate the word homophobia.
    It is not a phobia.
    You are not scared.
    You are an asshole.

    That about sums it up for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the saying! I think it comes down to intolerance. I don't want anything to do with someone who is intolerant of people with a different sexual orientation, a different religion, or a different skin tone. Someone may not choose to be Mormon or may not be gay but it does not mean that someone else who does or is is bad, it just means they're different. To me intolerance is as bad as doing drugs. To have that much hatred towards a stranger inside of you for no reason is scary.

      Delete