Thursday, September 27, 2012

Art

Alright more obsession with Target. Just a forewarning.




It all started when I got this picture for my birthday.  I had seen it in Target and shown it to my mom because it matches the color of my room and furnishings perfectly (periwinkle blue and a light teal/turquoise).  This is a light canvas about 2.5' x 2.5' and my thought process was that it would easily move to an apartment and was light enough to even be hung with a command hook (which I can't use on my walls right now because apparently the high quality gloss paint we used doesn't allow command hooks to adhere tight enough.  Fyi in case you decide to use Behr paint).




Well this started an obsession.  I now check this section of Target every time I go.  Earlier this summer I saw this little beauty.  And of course I had to get it since it matches the print I already have so well!




See, they match since they are both neutral tones and both have hydrangeas.  But not too matchy matchy.  Mixing patterns and all that can be done if you keep the color palette the same :)




Then I saw this one!  Be still my heart!  It was GORGEOUS!  It's a little bigger so 2.5' x 3.5' this time.  I love the pops of poppy red and the hints of pink.  I obviously can't put this one in the same room as the others but I will design a room around these colors.  I'm thinking navy blue walls and white accents (so nautical theme) but then switching it up with the orange!




I thought I was finished and done, I'd stocked up on enough pictures to cover a few walls so I was set.  And then this weekend I was at Target aaaand . . . I saw this one.  Now it doesn't have the same impact at the orange poppies and isn't as classically traditional as the hydrangeas but IT MATCHES EVERYTHING.  I'm not kidding.  You can hold this canvas up to any wall in any room and it will match.  It has greens and blues and reds and purples and yellows and essentially a rainbow but it doesn't scream rainbow.  There is enough neutral to tone the colors down and then the only colors that amplify are the ones that match the room.  Anyway, it was a perfect piece and I had to add it to my collection.  I'm sure I'll find some more in the future but for right now, that is my collection of art for my non-existent apartment!  Now go to Target and buy some yourself!  (They're around $50 each). 


No comments:

Post a Comment